Please read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
About Office Boffins
Gallus Online Limited t/a Office Boffins (company number 13189715) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which apply across the United Kingdom and we are responsible as the ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us includes the following:
In the course of processing your order we collect the following personal information when you have provided it to us:
- Name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number credit or debit card details.
- Information concerning your marketing preferences.
- Information we collect about you automatically each time you visit our website
When you visit our website, we collect snippets of data as follows:
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- To provide goods and services to you and your organisation (including through our website).
- For preference purposes (so we can take account of your preferences - this is not automated decision-making).
- To be able to let you know about goods and services in which you may be interested.
- If you have registered with us or placed an order you will receive email informational communications.
- Occasionally they may be used for marketing purposes but only if you have opted in to receive these offers and you may choose not to receive these.
- Where we are required by law to obtain opt-in consent to market to you, we will do so.
- Assist in making general improvements to our services and analyse how our services are used.
- Carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- Contact you and notify you about changes to our services and orders.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number credit or debit card details with our third-party suppliers’ in order to facilitate the order supply process this is always done in a very secure way.
For a list of our third-party suppliers’ see Third Party List below. This data sharing enables us to deliver goods and services to you.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number credit or debit card details is required from you to enable us to deliver goods and services to you. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number credit or debit card details for 6 years the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK tax law.
We will hold name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number for marketing purposes for a maximum period of 4 years.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information:
As a business we rely in general on our legitimate interests in order to lawfully process your personal information.We are only processing your personal data in a business context and as part of a mutually beneficial relationship so we can provide you with the goods and services you want and to market you in accordance with your preferences – we need to process your personal data for these purposes and we have appropriate security and other safeguards in place. On this basis given the nature of the personal data concerned we consider we are entitled to process the personal data concerned for our legitimate interests.
In addition, where we have a contract with you we may need to process your personal information to perform the contract and this is also a lawful basis for our processing.
We may also rely on your consent as the lawful basis processing where the law either requires us to obtain consent (e.g. for certain categories of electronic marketing) or where we as a marketing policy from time to time require your opt-in consent to marketing (notwithstanding our legitimate interests referred to above).
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to the following which are located outside the UK as follows:
To provide your name and address details so that our overseas suppliers can send you or your organisation the goods you have ordered
To any outsourced service providers (currently such providers are in the UK – if they are not they will appear in a Third Party List below).
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom. We will ensure that any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the appropriate or suitable relevant safeguards (e.g. European Commission approved contract) where required under the General Data Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
Third Party Supplier List
We provide data to those to whom we outsource the provision of services as follows:
We outsource the hosting of our website to an IT webservices provider located in UK
We outsource to fulfilment of some of our products to a number of suppliers based in the UK
We outsource the delivery of our products to a number of logistic companies based in the UK
We outsource the sending of our emails to a UK based email platform
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge.
In summary, those include rights to:
- Reasonable and fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Where the processing is based on your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time
Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email us at email@example.com and let us have enough information to identify you [(e.g. account number, user name, registration details). Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email communication you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email communication. It may take up to 2 days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Personnel processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 .
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 01 May 2021. We may change this privacy notice from time to time when we do we will inform you via our website. Last updated 01 July 2021.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.